Friday, October 29, 2010

The Attributes of God - God is Eternal - Part II

I can’t remember where I read this definition of being eternal, “the quality of existing endlessly in regards to time without interruption or limitation in the past, present or future.”  That’s God, He just is, He will never not be.  Just think, once we go to spend eternity with Him time will no longer have meaning for us either.  We get to spend eternity with Him.

God is Eternal.  That statement wraps itself around me and holds me in its embrace.  It feels very secure.  God will always be there for me.  He is never going away, never ever ever.  If you know my history you understand how important that is for me.  To say I have abandonment issues is probably an understatement.  God will never leave me or forsake me because He is eternal, and because He said so. 

I believe all of God’s other attributes are built upon and even hinge upon His eternality.  What is Faithfulness without eternity?  What is Omnipresence without eternity?  Omnipotence?  Omniscience?  Patience?   The Lord’s eternality is a strong foundation for not only all of God’s other attributes, but also for us as His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment