Monday, October 18, 2010

Genesis 1:1-2 NASB

(1) In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. (2) The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. 

My Ryrie Study Bible says that this beginning was not the beginning of eternity, just a break in eternity, the creation of the world.  Prior to this beginning there was nothing and no one except God.  God in all His power and majesty.  Have you ever wondered why God created the heavens and the earth?  Why God created man?  Especially since He knew man was destined to disobey and disappoint Him.  Was He bored, did He need some entertainment? 

We may never know what prompted God to create the heavens and the earth.  His ways are higher than our ways and I'm sure it's not our place to understand.  I cannot even imagine nothing existing.  It hurts my mind trying to imagine it.  As I said, it's not my place to understand.  It is however, my place to be grateful for His love for out of that love came this creation.  I am eternally grateful that God did create the heavens and the earth.  I am eternally grateful He populated this earth.  I am eternally grateful that I will be spending eternity with Him and with Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior.

Lord, thank you for creation.  It is a wonderful gift to us, your children.  Thank you for this, my new beginning.  I want my life to reflect Your radiance and Your beauty.  Show me the path You would have me take from here on out.

In the name of Your son, my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who died on the cross to redeem me from my sins.   AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment