Thursday, October 21, 2010

Genesis 1:1-2 NASB continued

I've been meditating on this verse the last few days.  I guess you could say I am experiencing a Genesis of a sorts in my own life.  It seemed appropriate to start over from the very beginning.

Before existence there was nothing except God.  God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.  I've heard people say that before creation there was a vacuum (apart from God).  But I don't feel this is true.  God is omnipresent, He is everywhere.  There was God and God was everything.  That means when God spoke our world into creation He is part of creation.  Nothing exists without Him, nothing is without Him.  That means God is in everyone, EVERYONE!  God is not just in the hearts of Christians.  He is also in the hearts of atheists and agnostics.  He is in the hearts of sinners (including all Christians).  He is in the hearts of all our friends and family, our loved ones and our mere acquaintences.  That also means He is in the hearts of our enemies, the bullies, the frenemies, the ones we love to hate and those we hate to love.  He is in the hearts of Muslim extremists and Buddhists.  He is in the hearts of every member of every religion and/or non-religion.  He is in the hearts of robbers and thieves and murderers.  He is in the hearts of the people who use and abuse us.  The people who beat and rape and molest and irrevocably harm us.  The people we trust and the people we don't.  Now I understand why we are called to love our enemies.

1 comment:

  1. Good post.
    I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower also.

    ReplyDelete