Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Attributes of God - God is Faithful - Part II

In 1Peter 4:19 it says that "God tests our faith so that we may trust His faithfulness."  I never thought of it in that way before.  But this morning as I awoke in my beautiful new home I was reflecting on God's faithfulness.  This is part of the way His faithfulness has played out in my life:
  • My horrific childhood - the physical and emotional abuse only laid a firm foundation of faith in God.
  • My travesty of a marriage - the utter shame led me to lean solely upon God for support and validation - my faith grew even stronger.
  • My singleness - the reality that God walks beside me every day and He has promised that He will never leave me or forsake me, even when I sometimes wander away from Him - my faith matures on a daily basis.
  • My loneliness - God has promised me that He has a plan for my life, waiting for that plan develops perseverance and hope - further growth in my faith.
God's faithfulness is His complete and total dependability.  If He makes a promise to us, we can count on it.  God is 100% reliable 100% of the time.  He does not fail, forget, falter, change or disappoint us, because God is truth.  Not only does God keep His promises, He also keeps His threats.  We pay the consequences we deserve for not taking Him seriously. 

I woke this morning listening to the sound of doves.  Off in the distance dogs are barking, greeting the new day.  I heard my landlady returning form work (she's 83 years old and still works nights at the post office).  There are a couple of ponds behind the house and I hear ducks and other birds in conversation out there.  What a magnificent reminder of God's love and provision for me.  God is faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment