Monday, November 1, 2010

The Attributes of God - God is Faithful - Part III

I misquoted yesterday.  I stated that 1Peter 4:19 says, "God tests our faith so that we may test His Faithfullness."  In reality, what it says is, "So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good." NIV  I need to do better due diligence before posting.

I find different translations and interpretations of the Bible fascinating.  For example, 1Peter 4:19 in the New Living version,  "So if you are suffering according to God's will, keep on doing what is right, and trust yourself to the God who made you, for he will never fail you."  I guess if you have several different translations of the Bible you could shop around till you get the verse that says what you want it to.  Take 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 for example.  You could use it to condem all homosexuals or you could use it to condem only practicing homosexuals, depending on your translation.  What would Jesus do?  Jesus did not come to condem or destroy.  He came to save us from our sins.  I want to be like Jesus. 

God is Faithful!  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment